Thursday, May 29, 2014

Manga-Mania May: Parasyte.

I newer thought it would happen, but I have found a manga that is way to creepy for me.
Shinichy wakes up one morning to find a snake-like creature trying to get into his body by digging into his right arm. Trying to get the creature out of his body, he manege to stop what apparently is a very intelligent parasite from taking over his whole body. But it's still inside of his right arm, and can control and shape it as it is pleased. Shinichy and the parasite(witch he has named Migi) must now try to coexist as best as possible.
I dont like this manga. Not because it's bad, but because I'm not a splatter-fan. And believe me, there is ALLOT of splatter! The parasites that takes over human bodies eat other humans, and they are quite messy about it. The gory part is not the actual feasting, but what is left after they had their meal.
And I may be a huge fan of weird, but this manga actually weird me out, like when Migi takes the form of a penis. Seriously, too much for me. But it's very creative, the forms the parasites takes, and it's what makes the series so creepy.
What really makes the series interesting is this very surreal relationship between the young man Shinichy and his new right arm; Migi. Migi has no problem with being honest about that he would have preferred to take over the entire body, and the fact that the only reason to why he doesn't eat humans is that he doesn't have to eat that much with a body at the size of a arm.
And that is why I keep reading it. I need to take allot of breaks from it to get through, but it very interesting to read. I dont think i will be one of those I will read again, but I would like to know how it ends. But if you are going to read this series, it's better if you have a strong stomach.
That's all for today, only one more to go.
I'm Waezi2, and thanks for wasting time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment